noun, plural intensities.
1. the quality or condition of being intense.
2. great energy, strength, concentration, vehemence, etc., as of activity, thought, or feeling:
He went at the job with great intensity.
3. a high or extreme degree, as of cold or heat.
4. the degree or extent to which something is intense.
5. a high degree of emotional excitement; depth of feeling:
The poem lacked intensity and left me unmoved.
6. the strength or sharpness of a colour due especially to its degree of freedom from admixture with its complementary colour.
7. Physics. magnitude, as of energy or a force per unit of area, volume, time, etc.
- the correlate of physical energy and the degree of loudness of a speech sound.
- the relative carrying power of vocal utterance. – Dictionary